CONNECTIONS are geographically-based groups for the purpose of networking for our SCBWI members in areas away from the Portland metro area where most of our events are held. Each area has one of more representatives. These representatives, under the authority of the Co-RAs, can plan local events in specific subsets of our region. See our current volunteer representatives on the Volunteer page.
Areas currently represented are: Eugene and Ashland aka Rogue Valley. Their events will show on the calendar like any of our events.
Some benefits we hope to see from CONNECTIONS:
- A chance to offer each member a Human Connection – a friendly face, a comrade – who shares same passion
- Create a feeling of "family" – a sense of community of writers and illustrators
- Identify future leaders
- Provide mentoring opportunities for future leaders
- Establish SCBWI identity within each community: libraries, bookstores, schools, newspapers, etc.
- Connect with ongoing community children's book events to piggy-back programming
- Utilize talents/skills of membership – speakers, presenters
- Bring in already-established members of children's book community
Thanks to Lisa Mundorff for designing the logo above! You can check out more of her art at
Questions, ideas or want to volunteer in your area? Contact the area representatives or
one of the Co-RAs, Judith Gardiner – firstname.lastname@example.org
or Barb Herkert – email@example.com.