Plus, we’ll have a Bookstore where anyone can purchase books.
PAL Member PowerPoint Display
Whether you are attending the conference or not, we’ll show off your recent (2017-2018) publications via PowerPoint during the conference. This opportunity is for SCBWI Oregon’s PAL (Published and Listed)* author and illustrator members only.
PowerPoint Submission Instructions:
1. Limit your image sizes to no more than .5 MG (500K) each and send in .jpg format. If you need help resizing your image, please read this document: Resizing Photos for use in Documents and for Websites.docx.
2. Send jpegs of book covers and magazine images (1 page per magazine—you’ll want it to show the magazine name, too) published since January 1, 2017.
3. Send your images to email@example.com.
4. Deadline to submit is April 22nd.
*If you’re not sure what PAL is, go here for an explanation of SCBWI membership levels.
Member Book Sales
We’d love to sell your books at the 2018 Conference.
All members who are attending the conference may display and sell ONE title, whether that title is traditionally published or independently published.
Member Book Sales Instructions:
Please follow these directions to make this successful for all of us.
1. Mark that you’ll be selling your books when you register for the conference. (Unless you are on the faculty, SCBWI Oregon will retain 20% of the sales). You may sell ONE title, whether that title is traditionally published or independently published, unless you are on the faculty.
2. Before the conference, download the BOOK-SALES-form.docx, type in all the requested information, and print it out. Or download the BOOK-SALES-form.pdf, print it out, enter in all the requested information (please print clearly).
3. Bring your books and your filled-out form to the conference. Check in will be on Saturday morning between 8:15 and 8:45 in the Redwood Room.
4. Pick up your books and verify how many you are taking home/how many sold by between 5:50 and 6:00 on Sunday evening in the Redwood Room. Do not leave or take your books until you sign the form after the books have been inventoried—you may not get credit if you do.
5. We’ll tally up your sales and send you a check in about two weeks from the end of the conference.
6. If you want to donate books for conference door prizes, please indicate so on the form.
If you wish to buy books at the conference, you will have several opportunities to do so. Check the schedules for open bookstore times.
We take cash/checks only; sorry, no credit cards. Make checks out to SCBWI Oregon.
And if you missed it elsewhere…
Juried Art Show
First Pages, First Glance, Roundtable Faculty Critiques
We are offering scholarships to the conference. Deadline to apply is February 5th.